Writing A Descriptive Essay On A Visit To The Dentist
Going to the dentist is unpleasant, but necessary. Many children and teenagers are scared of this, and they will refuse to go unless they have a serious problem. For sure you are one of them and you are not a big fan of this situation; that's why writing a descriptive essay on this topic will not be so fun. However, it is an easy subject and you can finish the composition in only a few hours. This kind of essay does not have very strict requirements; you just have to take a look at these guidelines:
- Don't write the name of your dentist. If you decided to talk about your personal experience, make sure that you do not reveal the name of your dentist or the clinic that you are going to. This can be considered by many as impolite, and you would not want to know that your doctor is talking about you without your consent. Keep everything private for this task.
- Try to describe a funny experience. As I said, this is never pleasant, but sometimes funny things happen. Besides, some of your classmates can have a phobia for this and you describing pain and torture will not exactly help them. Try to maintain a breezy tone and don't get too serious when you write.
- Provide interesting details. Everyone knows how a clinic looks, so there is no point in talking about this. Instead, you can discuss about something that they did not see before; maybe a new fascinating device that your physician is using? You can even write how the medicine smells and you thought that a certain mouthwash smells like hamburgers.
- Introduce some medical terms here and there. This composition is supposed to be easy, but you can make sure that it will really help your classmates. They can learn something new from this, so why waste this chance? If you are talking about a medical condition that you had, try to explain it for them. Maybe it will be useful for them in the future.
- Talk about your first experience. I bet that this is something that you will never forget; no matter if it was fine or terrible. It happened many years ago, so you can discuss about this without feeling embarrassed. Be honest and don't be scared to express your personality in this composition!